Blue AvenueAnd it's no use, each way we lose
In Their Own Words
“There’s only one track on the album that you say Blue Avenue isn’t exactly an R&B type song. But it isn’t, but it still has that…I felt comfortable with it. It’s very Elton John type song, but it kind of fits in with the rest. And the others kind of flow into each other.” – 1989
- Speculated to be about Elton & Renate’s marriage.
- Didn’t have an specific R&B inspiration but they decided to keep it on the album as it sounded like it fit.
- Was last played live in 1992.
- The version on the album was an rough mix per Chris Thomas.
- Fred Mandel played the horn part on his Korg M1.
- Elton played a Bosendorfer piano from Puk Studios).
- Originally demoed at Woodside prior to going to Denmark.